Pages

(Everything looks picture perfect from the street, but once you're inside it's a whole other story.)

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

My Lost Moment of Zen

There comes a time in every stay-at-home mom's day where the stars align, the dishwasher and washing machine softly hum their tune in harmony, and the whining grows silent.  That's right...I'm talking about NAP TIME.  The solace that nap time brings is unrivaled by anything else.  No matter how cute your children are, how much light they bring to your life, lights out time is something we look forward to, and sometimes long for, on a daily basis.

So, when said nap time is rudely interrupted, or, far worse, boycotted by a loud toddler who talks more than you do, it's earth shattering - to say the least.  How on earth am I supposed to think clearly while checking Facebook, email, and posting to my blog with the sound of a 2 year old's heels banging on the floor reverberating in my middle ear?  She's sick, I'm sick, and we both need to nap; she needs to nap so she doesn't whine all afternoon, and I need to nap so I don't lose my mind when any little mishap occurs before Daddy comes home from work/hunting/butchering deer.  Seriously...I'm not ready for her to totally give up her afternoon nap, but I think I'm alone in this fight.

So, as I try to finish up this blog post and work on the family photo calendar, I'll try to make the best of the soundtrack that my lovely daughter is providing on this gorgeous afternoon.  (See...I'm thinking positive.  For now.) 

1 comment:

  1. Stay strong! Parker went through a phase when he was boycotting the nap. We said that he did not have to nap but he did have to have quite time in his room and in bed without toys (but he can have books). 95% of the time he fell asleep and now he is almost 4 and still napping!

    ReplyDelete