Pages

(Everything looks picture perfect from the street, but once you're inside it's a whole other story.)

Thursday, July 19, 2012

That's the Story of the Hurricane

Do you want to know why there's a virtual dust-bowl going on right in my very own home?  2 words: Hurricane Hayden.  Are you looking up Hurricane Name Lists right now, or checking the local weather report to see if you missed a big weather-related event?  Don't bother.  "Hayden" won't appear on any of those lists, and no, a true hurricane did not just happen...at least at YOUR house it didn't.  That name does, however, top my "list" once in a while, and recently, it's been there daily.

Instead of clearing the hot spots in my home, dusting or vacuuming when the girls go down for their naps, like any good stay-at-home mom should, I'm scrambling around picking up broken crayons, remotes that have been picked up from one room and tossed into another, toys from the playroom that have been exiled to new and exotic locales like the pyrex dish cabinet or the fishbowl, and de-soaping the bathroom sink.  And, since Hurricane Hayden doesn't nap for more than an hour before crying out for "Mommy" or fooling me into thinking she's "stuck" in the rails of her crib, that's about all I can do in my "spare time."  So, the dust just sits and sits.  More dust comes along to join the party, and it all just sits.  Throw in some cat hair tumbleweeds and we've got a real dust-bowl showdown!

I was unaware that people in a house with carpet in only one room could create so much dust.  Apparently, I was wrong.  I suppose I'll be able to tame the tumbleweeds soon enough.  Hurricane Hayden, well, she's another story altogether.

No comments:

Post a Comment