Pages

(Everything looks picture perfect from the street, but once you're inside it's a whole other story.)

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Dead as a Doornail

Let's chat about technology, shall we?  I realize that without it you wouldn't be reading this or any other blog.  Thousands of nobodies like me would continue about our lives.  No one would know a thing about our personal or private lives, and instead of writing witty bits for strangers, we'd be doing something more productive - like dusting, ironing (which I detest), or weeding our gardens.

Today, however, I'm lost.

I raised my phone to snap a photo of the Hurricane wearing her Daddy's OSU hat (her cuteness rivaled anything a baby - human or otherwise - could conjur).  Just as the flash pulsed, my phone went black.

DEAD.

Resurrection has not yet occurred.  I'm still holding on to hope though.  

Now, I'm utterly dumbfounded.  How will I contact my friends?  I haven't bothered to memorize a phone number since I first met my husband 6 years ago.  The only other phone number I'd deemed worthy enough to memorize before that was my ex-boyfriend's from 3 years prior to that!  Calling hostesses to confirm trunk show dates?  Following up with ladies who want to be stylists?  Fuggedaboudit!

UGH!  What's worse?  No Scramble with Friends.  No mobile photos to upload, and no way to Facebook stalk while my husband plays an uber-important game of Civilization on our home's only computer.  

I've been without my trusty sidekick for 3 hours now, and I'm already getting the DTs.  Can I go on?  Am I going to make it?

Doubtful.

No comments:

Post a Comment